You might have job burnout if...
Orlando Business Journal, by Cindy Barth, October 11, 2016
Good morning, Orlando!
Let's start this morning with an item from Landmark Worldwide: You might be facing job burnout if you...
- Repeatedly complain
- Frequently participate in gossip and don't enjoy being with your co-workers
- Dread going to work and/or are chronically late
- Are overly tired and feel trapped/stuck with no place to go
- Lie or compromise what's important to you, like not doing a good job that you know you can do
But Cindy, you're yelling at your computer now (that's a sign you need more coffee, BTW), "What shall I do to defeat this dreaded workplace disease?"
Well, Landmark suggests three things:
- reconnect to what really matters to you;
- align your work with your personal integrity (i.e., do what you say you're going to do because people are depending on you);
- and don't get stuck in complaint mode.